May 13, 2011

Peace on Ampersand Stampbord




I have been playing with Ampersand Stampbords, trying to figure out how I can use them with lettering. I think I finally came up with something I like, and it is not hard.

You can find this product at Jerry's Artarma here in Raleigh or online. This is a 3.5 x 2.5 size piece (ATC size). They come in all sorts of sizes. (Some of us made little charms with the 1"x1" size.)

First, I took a cosmetic pad and drizzled alcohol on it. Then sprinkled on Jacquard Pinata alcohol ink (also at Jerry's) onto the pad as well. Next you sort of dab the pad onto the Stampbord and let the ink do its thing. You can change up the coloring as you go and keep dabbing until you are satisfied with your effect.

I let that dry overnight.

Next comes the lettering. What to use? Well, I experimented on several pieces. For this one I used a 5mm Zig marker for the lettering and then embellished it a little with a gold gel pen.

Now all I need to do is buy some matte spray to protect what I've done!

I hope you try this out. It was fun and I am giving my little pieces of art to friends.

(Other inks I tried: Daler Rowney Pearlescent liquid acrylic ink/worked well & was more opaque, Parallel Pen/ink did not work well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment