July 30, 2010

Ice Prints

I had fun making ice prints last fall. I collected leaves I liked and first pressed them dry for a few days. I just put them on parchment paper and put them in a book which I weighted down. When dried, take a piece of heavy watercolor paper (hot or cold press) and soak it in water for 5 minutes and put it on foamcore or styrofoam. While the paper is wet drizzle watercolors on it. Next lay the dry leaves on the paper, pressing on the leaves lightly to get out air bubbles. Put the paper in a level spot in the freezer overnight. Take out the prints and leave for a few days to dry thoroughly before peeling off leaves...and voila! Enjoy them as they are go use as cards or the background for Calligraphy.

Posted by Nell Hall

1 comment:

  1. way to go, nell, for a successful post and a successful ice print. i am hoping to be successful this year with it.

    ReplyDelete