July 19, 2010

Journal Pages







Nell, Harriet, and I took a Beautiful Beginnings class at Jerry's Artarama today.

First of all, it was such great fun to take this with friends. I highly recommend doing that! This 2-hr class was all about making journal pages. All three of us kind of figured out that it was basically what Mary Lou taught us at her house, only this time, instead of being individual pages to use as book covers or backgrounds for lettering individual pieces, the techniques were to be used on each and every page of a journal.

Deb, thought of you. This woman, Ophelia Staton, wakes up at 4am to journal! I do not know who is more dedicated to daily journaling...you or her! Visit her blog at http://opheliasart.blogspot.com/ to see her work.

At any rate, I really enjoyed it. After the class was over, I asked the group if anyone would be interested in learning calligraphy - that Nell, Harriet, and I were in a Calligraphy group and that I taught at Jerry's. EVERYONE wanted my card!
Watch out girls, our group might be expanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment