July 21, 2010




Last night I worked on this Zentangle. I had made a file containing copies of designs and instructions on how to construct them, so I decided to actually do one. From what I have seen online, most of the Zentanglers stick to designs to fill in the "strings." I wanted to incorporate this into lettering (of course)! So, this is my first attempt. I have some more ideas that I will be using and am pretty excited about it. Not enough time in a day.

This was done in a lettering journal that I practice in. I used Faber-Castell Pitt Pens to do the lettering and coloring and just used a micon pen to do the drawing. Next time, when I am serious about it, and after a bit more practice, I will use watercolor paper and watercolors and maybe a "real" calligraphic pen.

I am scheduled to share at the TCG meeting in September about the Neuland Hand. I think I will incorporate Zentangling into the letterforms...just to make it a bit more interesting!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Awesome work! I have wanted to try zentangles for quite some time!!! Awesome calligraphy...please teach me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ophelia, thanks for the comment! come to our Triangle Calligraphy sept meeting. i will be teaching Neuland lettering and Zentangles!!!

    ReplyDelete