July 26, 2010

Using Paste Paper made in Jerry's Journal Page Class



I did this for my Mother. She turns 92 tomorrow! She and Daddy (also turning 92) are both sharp cookies, still live on their own, and Daddy still drives them everywhere. Amazing.

My Mother is an avid reader, and one of her all-time favorite authors is John Irving. If she ever hears that you have read A Prayer For Owen Meany, you will be on her short list. It is #1 on her list, and I must say that it is also #1 on mine. Best ending ever!

"Keep passing the open windows" is a recurring phrase that the Berry family uses in The Hotel New Hampshire. It is their way of telling each other to persevere.

Since my Mother has lived to be 92, I feel she is A Perseverer!

This piece of paste paper was made in that Beautiful Beginnings journal page class that I took along with Nell and Harriet at Jerry's. You can see it in the post below sans lettering. This is so much more fun than writing on plain white paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment